So I got naked at the weekend.
Full on starkers… in public.
It wasn’t intentional, more of a whim.
I found myself on a nudist beach by accident and just thought
and do you know what…
It felt bloody amazing.
I don’t think I’m going to make a habit of it, but I am so pleased I did it.
I am saddened to see so much hate on my newsfeed this morning.
So many close minded opinions, sharing of religious statements taken out of context and articles plucked from thin air to prove your way is right.
I love a healthy debate. One in which each person in turn airs their views, open to be swayed by others in a way to understand eachother and consolidate what you believe.
I agree we have to challenge those that are doing wrong in our eyes, not to condemn but to understand why they think differently from us.
Next time you see hurtful comments or articles shared, instead of tutting and ignoring it, or sending hurtful comments straight back why don’t you ask a challenging open question?
- I am intrigued by your point of view. I would like to understand how you came to think this way?
- I understand your anger, I am saddened by what is happening too. What do you think you or I can do to help on a day to day basis?
- I am trying really hard to understand where you are coming from. Could you please send me useful links so I can research this for myself?
Can you hear the difference? It is obvious you are from another opinion, but you are open to be swayed or challenged.
Maybe this way you will either:
- Receive a very well thought out answer that may help you understand where they are coming from.
- Have the opportunity to share your beliefs also in an open and relaxed discussion
- Or more hateful statements will be returned and at this point you can choose to leave the conversation or ask another kind and considered open question.
I am going to be selective on what I write and when. Maybe private messages rather than comment sections will be more amicable?
I have no idea if it’s going to work, but I can’t swipe passed anymore hate without doing something about it.
I would appreciate your support.
Please share your kind and open opinions on what I have said in the comments section below.
Remember love online, offline, always.
I understand your frustration and bewilderment, believe me I feel it too.
Let me just remind you… It’s not the people’s fault for being fed scare mongering lies to base their vote on.
It is such a shame everyone is blaming the voters when they were not fed the truth.
They voted through fear, but at least they voted.
Pointing your fingers at “the old” “the racists” or “the stupid” will not solve or justify anything. They are entitled to vote just as much as you are.
Maybe instead we should be focusing on blaming the way votes are sorted and counted? Or the way campaigners can print lies? Is this the real issue here? Surely this is where our focus should be. Making sure this doesn’t happen again?
In the meantime, please be kind.